We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 5 September 2016

#172 Layer It Up

Marlene is hosting our Layer It Up challenge. Lots of layers please!!!
As usual You can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to just be cards, as long as it meets the challenge, and doesn't exceed the 15 total challenges entered rule!

Some inspiration from our fabulous DT
 
 Marlene

Josephine
I've used several techniques in this card: The background is coloured with Promarkers and Distress Inks, and I've used various die cuts and a Spirelli-type accent, and layered everything!

Glenda
An engagement card I made with six layers counting the ribbon and flowers.  I love making layered cards and I particularly love this one as it was for a dearly loved couple.

I have used a piece of my gell print paper from my stash that is in yellows, purple, white and gold for my background and I used several rubber stamps over the gell print to give the card interest and texture. My final layers were the added images that I stamped, inked, coloured and die cut or cut to create the top layers. 

Mary
I used several sheets of the same design from Hunkydory's Little Book of Winter Wildlife and cut out varying amounts to create a decoupaged image. I also layered several ovals to create a base for my sentiment.

Ina
I used a pre cut sheet of flowers for my layers popping each piece backing it and inking my card stock with a hydrangea stamp to match.

Jackie

Lots of layers are not usually my thing - so I have used a card I made at a stampin up class, using all their materials, dies and stamps.  The image was coloured with promarkers.

Angela
Just for a change I've been working in my journal. There are so many layers here starting with stencils and pieces of lace and net, then doilies cut with Tim Holtz dies, decorated tags and the butterfly set in a frame. Lots of details of how I made this can be found on my blog.

Pam
Layers and layers of circles created this cheery little birthday card. The image and sentiment are from Jane's Doodles, Garden Friends.

Bec
I have used all left overs for this card to celebrate Father's Day here in Australia.  About six layers all popped up on foam dots.

Maike
If you count the frame I have put six layers on this card ;o) It was a lot of fun to think about the different levels on the card and I really like the dimension!

CCM Blog Signature

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful 'layer' cards by the DT, fun to see all the different creativity !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty DT inspirations and cute images!

    Hugs
    Doris

    *GDT* Butterfly Challenge
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    *DT* The Sketchy Challenges
    Kleido’s BastelStüble

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge, thank you! Fabulous inspiration from the design team.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There Crafty Cardmakers
    LOVE all the layers on the cards you shared to INSPIRE!!!
    It was a pleasure to layer up my card this week :)
    For the first time in my life, I have entered a project in 15 different challenges, including yours and was wondering, if you could please clarify, about my original post. My card is posted as a Design Team project, then entered in different challenges at the end of my post. Does the DT post get included in the total of challenges? It's not actually entered in a challenge but want to clarify before your challenge closes, because if it is, I will delete an entry from one of the other challenges I have entered so that I comply with the rules.
    Thanks, Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking Tracy. No it's fine for your card to have been created for a challenge team, as long as you only enter into 15 challenges yourself then that is okay.

      Lin x

      Delete
  6. Awesome DT creations and love the theme!

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a great challenge, love all the inspiration from the DT ..

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards from the DT and those who've entered the challenge

    I'm gutted as I've had several problems with my PC and was unable to add my cards before the challenge closed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.